Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day Thirty Five: rest day

I slept about nine and a half hours, then got up and started my day. It's a rest day, but I have a long list of things I have to get done while I'm here. My first day of work is 9 December, for the federal government, and there are a number of forms to fill out before I can start. I don't know what the actual number is because I can't count that high, but I know it IS a finite number. So, I spent a lot of my day working on that.

But not before going to Shipley's Donuts. By far, they're my favorite donut, and they're only available in this area.

Here's a picture of a sign inside the donut shop.

From Mark on a Bike 08 2

It's just above the water fountain.

From Mark on a Bike 08 2
Welcome to Texas!!

And please don't leave your toenail clippings on the toilet seat.

I've been waiting for two months for my new computer. I was told the shipping date would be 10/8, and I believed them. Then I was told 10/20, and I believed them. Now the shipping date is 10/27, and I KNOW it'll get shipped. I believe them.

Really. I do.

So I went to Office Depot and bought an Acer Aspire One.


From Mark on a Bike 08 2


It's really cheap, and really lightweight.

Hopefully, I'll be able to blog more frequently now.

0 miles

1 comments:

Rob Thompson said...

There are Shipleys outside of Pasadena? I still hold them to be the best donuts in America. I'm not a Police Officer though, so there may be better qualified people to make the review.